- Man (and woman) United! Footballer Jonny Evans weds MUTV presenter Helen McConnell back home in Northern Ireland17:37 | 03/06/2013
Manchester United put Jonny Evans in the premiership and it also helped him find the love of his life.
The Belfast-born defender walked down the aisle with Helen McConnell on Saturday, who he met when she interviewed him for MUTV back in 2011.
Helen, 25 – also from the Northern Irish capital – and Jonny, 25, said ‘I do’ in a traditional ceremony at Clough Presbyterian Church, County Down.
The bride wore a strapless lace gown, with her hair pulled back into a chic chignon fitted with a vintage net veil.
Just a simple silver necklace adorned Helen’s neck and she carried a bouquet filled with cream, white and pink roses.
Jonny looked just as elegant, in a three-piece blue suit, white shirt and tie, with brown lace up shoes.
His groomsmen wore matching suits, but their ties were the same nude colour as Helen’s bridesmaids’ dresses.
The ceremony was conducted by Helen’s father, Reverend Kenneth McConnell.
The presenter and model moved to Manchester several years ago to work as a freelance reporter on Irish League games, motorsports, hockey.
But growing up in a family of Red Devils fans, it seemed inevitable Helen would end up at MUTV, the club’s dedicated television channel.
Evans had already been playing for Man United for four years before he met Helen, but no doubt their Northern Irish heritage and love of the game ignited a spark between them.
On the day of their nuptials, the couple also enjoyed the support from some keen Manchester United fans who waited outside the church with banners to cheer their homegrown footballer on.
According to Dailymail
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.