- Man Utd: Anthony Martial to return to training before Liverpool match13:36 | 15/10/2019
Manchester United forward Anthony Martial will return to training this week, raising hopes he could be fit to face rivals Liverpool on Sunday.
Anthony Martial scored in Manchester United’s opening Premier League game of the season against Chelsea, adding another the following week in the draw at Wolves
Martial has missed eight games with a hamstring injury after scoring twice in the opening three games of the season.
Providing the 23-year-old France international suffers no reaction, he will come into contention to face Jurgen Klopp’s league leaders.
Liverpool go to Old Trafford having won their opening eight league games.
United are just two points above the relegation zone, have only won two league games this season and have not scored more than once in any game since the 4-0 win against Chelsea on 11 August.
Martial’s absence has been a huge blow for manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who wanted him to fill the number nine role following the summer exits of Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez to Inter Milan.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.