- Manchester City: FA finds no evidence of banned payment to Jadon Sancho's agent15:04 | 04/11/2019
The Football Association has found no evidence Manchester City made a banned payment to former player Jadon Sancho’s agent when the England winger was 14.
Jadon Sancho left Manchester City in 2017
German magazine Der Spiegel claimed City paid Emeka Obasi £200,000 when they signed Sancho, now at Borussia Dortmund, from Watford in March 2015.
Young players cannot be represented by an agent until the year they turn 16.
The FA opened an investigation in February but it has now concluded there is no evidence to back up the claims.
The governing body reserves the right to reopen the investigation if new information becomes available.
The Premier League champions paid an initial £66,000 in compensation to Watford to sign Sancho.
Having never made a first-team appearance for City, he moved to German side Dortmund for £8m in August 2017.
The 19-year-old was one of the star players in the Bundesliga last season and has made 10 international appearances for England.
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.