- Manchester United lay on free flight for Europa League tie in Kazakhstan20:21 | 01/11/2019
Manchester United have confirmed they will charter a plane to take fans to Kazakhstan for their UEFA Europa League fixture against FC Astana.
Fans who booked with Thomas Cook will fly free of charge
The club have laid on the flight in the wake of Thomas Cook going into insolvency and will allow fans with proof of a booking with the bankrupt holiday company to travel free of charge.
United were among a number of Premier League clubs who had a partnership with Thomas Cook Sports. They had pre-sold a small number of tickets and hospitality for a number of home matches this season, along with travel packages to the Astana UEFA Europa League away leg.
A United spokesperson said: “We have been working through a range of contingency plans to minimise the impact of the Thomas Cook situation for our supporters.
“We are pleased to be able to confirm that Manchester United will be operating a complimentary trip to the forthcoming match against FC Astana in Kazakhstan for those who were impacted by the insolvency of Thomas Cook.
“Beyond the Astana fixture, we are investigating longer term options around facilitating European travel for our loyal fans.”
Details of the flight and process for fans who had booked to fly to Astana with Thomas Cook can be found on the club’s website.
Source – Sky Sport
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.