- Manchester United's Chris Smalling expected to return after Roma loan expires11:15 | 29/10/2019
Chris Smalling is expected to return to Manchester United once his year-long loan spell at Roma expires in the summer, Sky Sports News understands.
Chris Smalling will spend the rest of the season with Roma
Sources have told Sky Sports News there have been no such talks regarding Smalling, who has played six games for Roma and they have conceded just two goals in his last four league appearances.
Smalling appeared 323 times for Manchester United in nine seasons at the club
The 29-year-old was deemed surplus to requirements at Old Trafford in August, following the arrival of Harry Maguire and return of Axel Tuanzebe from a spell at Aston Villa, and subsequently moved to Roma for a loan fee of £2.71m.
Smalling produced a man-of-the-match performance in September as Roma beat Lecce 1-0, with the former England international leading in terms of clearances, recoveries, blocks, interceptions and even shots taken.
Roma are currently fifth in Serie A after their 2-1 win at home to AC Milan on Sunday.
Source – Sky Sport
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.