- Microsoft in talks with Madrid over Bernabeu naming rights10:34 | 07/11/2013
Maria Gahana, head of the Spanish branch of the computer giant, has confirmed that plans are in motion to re-name Los Blancos’ iconic arena
Computer giant Microsoft has confirmed that it is in talks with Real Madrid over acquiring the naming rights for the Santiago Bernabeu.
The 85,000-seater stadium was inaugurated in 1947 and was named after former Blancos president Santiago Bernabeu Yeste.
However, Maria Gahan, head of Microsoft Spain, has now revealed that Madrid are keen to sell the naming rights for their home ground to the highest bidder.
“They have offered us, and other companies, the possibility of renaming the stadium,” she told Antena 3.
“We’re in talks, and that sums up where we are.”
Current Madrid president Florentino Perez has already spoken of his intentions to find a sponsor for the iconic arena, admitting last month that a number of potential partners had already been approached.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.