- Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward out of Egypt squad with ankle injury14:14 | 13/11/2019
Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been ruled out of Egypt’s upcoming matches against Kenya and Comoros with an ankle injury.
Mohamed Salah has been suffering with an ankle injury
Egypt confirmed Salah’s absence with pictures of the forward wearing a protective boot on his left ankle.
Mohamed Salah wearing a protective boot as he is sidelined from Egypt training (pic: Egypt FA)
Salah scored in Liverpool’s 3-1 win over Manchester City on Sunday before being taken off in the 87th minute.
He has been suffering with ongoing soreness in his ankle since the win over Leicester on October 5, and had to be substituted towards the end of the 2-1 win over Tottenham two weeks ago.
Salah had indicated his desire to play for his country, the Egyptian Football Association said, but was ruled out following a meeting between the national team doctor, head coach and captain.
Source – Sky Sport
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.