- Mohamed Salah: Tokyo 2020 decision with Liverpool and forward, says Egypt boss10:51 | 13/02/2020
Mohamed Salah’s potential involvement at Tokyo 2020 will be a decision for the player and his club Liverpool, says Egypt coach Shawky Gharib.
Mohamed Salah could miss the start of next season for Liverpool if he goes to the Olympics
The forward, 27, is on Egypt’s provisional 50-man list for the football tournament, which will hold its final on 8 August – the first day of the 2020-21 Premier League season.
“We cannot force Salah to participate with us,” Gharib told Reuters.
The tournament is for under-23 teams but three over-age players are allowed.
Fifa has previously acknowledged that clubs are not obliged to release over-age players for the Tokyo Olympics.
Gharib added: “Salah’s participation with the Pharaohs team is a decision to be taken only by Salah, his club Liverpool and his coach Jurgen Klopp.
“I have chosen him in an expanded list of 50 players. The final list of 18 players will be submitted next June.”
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.