- Moise Kean suffers racist abuse after scoring in Juventus' win at Cagliari11:32 | 03/04/2019
Juventus teenager Moise Kean appeared to suffer racist abuse after scoring a late goal to give the Turin side a 2-0 win at Cagliari in Serie A on Tuesday.
Moise Kean is pulled back after celebrating in front of the Cagliari supporters. Enrico Locci/Getty Images
Kean, born in Italy to Ivorian parents, turned in Rodrigo Bentancur‘s cross with five minutes left and then turned to the Cagliari fans behind the goal and folded his arms.
In response, Cagliari’s supporters made the noise which is described by Italian media as “buu” and is regarded as a racist insult in Italian football. Monkey noises could also be heard among the crowd.
Shortly after the goal, Juve’s French midfielder Blaise Matuidi protested furiously to the referee and at one point appeared to threaten to walk off.
Matuidi complained last year that he was subject to racist abuse at the same stadium and Cagliari later apologised.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.