- Moyes confirms second United bid for Fabregas16:29 | 22/07/2013
David Moyes has confirmed that Manchester United have made an improved bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
The offer, according to reports, is believed to be around £30m.
United have yet to make a marquee signing under Moyes’ tenure, but the club have been vocal about their pursuit of the central midfielder.
A first offer made last week – believed to be around £26m – was rejected.
“I think we made a second offer but Ed [Woodward] is dealing with that personally, rather than me,” Moyes told a press conference in Japan as the club’s pre-season tour continues.
“Ed Woodward is working hard to make deals happen.
“When you’re interested in good players you want to give it every opportunity to materialise and I’ll do that.”
Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, left the tour early from Sydney to return to Europe and work on deals.
His return was not believed to have anything to do with Wayne Rooney, who United insist is still not for sale.
According to Yahoo
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.