- Moyes keen for want-away Welbeck to stay14:10 | 21/04/2014
David Moyes insists Danny Welbeck has an important role to play at Manchester United despite speculation the striker wants to leave Old Trafford.
Reports suggest Welbeck has grown tired of a lack of first-team football under Moyes and wants to leave Old Trafford.
Welbeck has scored 10 times in 32 United appearances this season, but he apparently has become frustrated at playing out on the wing.
When asked about Welbeck’s future following United’s 2-0 defeat at Everton, Moyes said: “Danny Welbeck is really important to me and I really value him.
“There have been lots of stories. I can only tell you Danny Welbeck is really important to me and really important to Manchester United.”
Welbeck, an academy graduate born in Manchester, came off the bench after 75 minutes at Goodison Park, but could not find the net as United stumbled to their latest defeat of a wretched season.
According to Foxsports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.