- Napoli win to delay Juventus title celebrations and send Chievo down17:02 | 15/04/2019
Napoli postponed Juventus’s march to the Serie A title and consigned Chievo to relegation with a 3-1 win at the Stadio Bentegodi on Sunday.
Kalidou Koulibaly scored a pair of goals as Napoli relegated Chievo. Alessandro Sabattini/Getty Images
Carlo Ancelotti’s side needed a victory to ensure that the Turin club, who lost 2-1 at SPAL on Saturday, would not wrap up their eighth consecutive league championship with a record six games to spare.
Two goals from Kalidou Koulibaly either side of an Arkadiusz Milik strike confirmed Chievo’s demotion despite Bostjan Cesar‘s late consolation, after a miserable season in which the Verona club have recorded just one win in 32 games.
The result leaves second-placed Napoli on 67 points, 17 behind runaway leaders Juventus on 84.
Juve can secure the title by avoiding defeat at home to Fiorentina next weekend.
Ancelotti picked a strong team as he lookaed to return to winning ways ahead of his side’s Europa League quarter-final second leg against Arsenal on Thursday.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.