- Never say never: Cristiano Ronaldo admits he misses English Football10:05 | 04/07/2013
Cristiano Ronaldo admits to missing English football, but claims to be enjoying his time at Real Madrid.
Speculation continues to suggest that Ronaldo could soon be on his way back to the Premier League, with former employers Manchester United prepared to throw open their doors once more.
It would, however, require a massive effort from the Red Devils to piece together a package which could tempt Real into parting with a player they paid a world record fee for in 2009.
Real have attempted to curb the rumours by announcing on several occasions that they intend to agree fresh terms with Ronaldo – with the 28-year-old having two years left to run on his current contract.
Ronaldo has been reluctant to put pen to paper, though, and has once again hinted that he could take in a second spell in England at some stage in the near future.
During a trip to Singapore, he said: “I miss English football.
“For me, it was one of the best years in my career when I was there in Manchester United. Everyone knows that it is a club that is still in my heart and I really, really miss.
“But now my life is in Spain. I am enjoying playing there too.
“Part of my life is there, but in the future we never know. I am really, really happy in the Spanish league.”
According to Skysports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.