- Neymar and Alba set for surgery14:34 | 01/07/2013
The Blaugrana duo are to undergo a minor operation on Friday as it has emerged both have been suffering from Tonsillitis, while David Luiz will also have his nose operated on.
Barcelona stars Neymar and Jordi Alba are set to undergo surgery to remove their tonsils on Friday.
The operation, which will be presided over by the club’s medical staff, is expected to sideline the duo for an estimated nine days while they recover.
The Brazil international will go under the knife in Rio de Janeiro on Friday, while team-mate Alba will be operated on in Catalunya on the same day.
Both of Tito Vilanova’s men came face-to-face for the Confederations Cup final on Sunday, which the Selecao emerged as comprehensive 3-0 winners courtesy of a Neymar strike in between two goals from Fred.
The former Santos star, who arrived in Camp Nou for €57 million earlier this summer, is expected to make his competitive debut for the Blaugrana in the Spanish Super Cup against Atletico Madrid on August 21.
The 21-year-old’s international colleague David Luiz is also scheduled to undergo surgery in the coming days, with the Chelsea defender set to be operated on this Thursday, having sustained a broken nose in Brazil’s 2-0 victory over Mexico a fortnight ago.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.