- Neymar limps out of Brazil training ahead of Copa America11:01 | 29/05/2019
Brazil have been given an injury scare ahead of the Copa America after star forward Neymar limped out of training on Tuesday, having appeared to damage his left knee.
Neymar was stripped of the Brazil captaincy a day earlier following a series of disciplinary issues
Brazil are seeking to win a first major trophy since lifting the Copa America in 2007, and will face heightened expectations as they host the competition for the first time since 1989.
They have been drawn alongside Venezeula, Peru and Bolivia, who they will open the tournament against on June 14 in Sao Paulo, but will first face Qatar and Honduras in warm-up fixtures.
The injury capped a tough 48 hours for Neymar, who was understood to have lost the captaincy largely due to disciplinary issues.
The former Barcelona forward was banned for three matches by the French football authorities earlier this month for hitting a fan after PSG’s cup final loss to Stade Rennes, and was also reportedly involved in a dressing-room fracas with his team-mates.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.