- Paris Saint-Germain pledge support to Notre Dame reconstruction12:28 | 17/04/2019
Paris Saint-Germain have pledged to support the reconstruction of Notre Dame, saying the club shares “the immense emotion of all Parisians” following the fire which ravaged part of the building.
PSG have vowed to support firefighters who worked to save Notre Dame
The 12th century building caught fire on Monday evening, damaging the roof and spire and sending plumes of smoke into the sky.
French President Emmanuel Macron declared a national emergency and vowed to launch an international fundraising campaign, and PSG have added their backing.
The Ligue 1 club are already bringing together “all key stakeholders, main partners and huge community of fans both in Paris and abroad” to start or participate in fundraising events to rebuild the cathedral in the coming years.
It was reported one firefighter has been seriously injured and the Qatar-owned club also expressed “its admiration and solidarity towards the Paris Fire Brigade” and vowed to support the firefighters who worked to save the building.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.