- Pique doubtful for Betis clash09:58 | 08/11/2013
The 26-year-old centre-half is struggling once again with his nagging groin problem, meaning he could be left behind for this weekend’s trip to Seville.
Barcelona have confirmed that defender Gerard Pique could miss Saturday’s Liga clash with Betis.
The Spain international has been struggling with a groin problem this season and, while he played all 90 minutes of Wednesday’s Champions League win over AC Milan, the 26-year-old centre-half could be rested for the trip to Seville.
A statement on the club’s website read: “Pique underwent tests [on Thursday] on his groin problem.
“Developments over the next few days will determine whether he is fit enough to be considered for selection against Betis at the weekend.”
Barcelona currently lead La Liga from Atletico Madrid, having dropped just two points over the course of the opening 11 rounds of the season.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.