- Puyol to undergo surgery on Wednesday09:39 | 19/06/2013
The FC Barcelona captain will undergo surgery to remove a Baker’s cyst from his right knee. The player will be out of action for three to four weeks.
Carles Puyol will undergo ambulatory surgery on Wednesday morning to remove a Baker’s cyst in his right knee.
The surgery will take place at the Unitat del Genoll of the Institut Català of Traumatology and Medicine of Sport. The player is expected to be out of action for three to four weeks.
Press conference at 12.00
At noon, in the Ricard Maxenchs press room, Doctor Ricard Pruna will hold a press conference to talk about the procedure.
It’s worth noting that Puyol featured in 22 matches this season and he hasn’t made an appearance in an official match since March.
According to FCB
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.