- Ramos penalty sends Real four points clear14:40 | 03/07/2020
Sergio Ramos’ penalty sent Real Madrid four points clear at the top of La Liga with a hard-fought win over Getafe.
Sergio Ramos has scored with his last 21 penalties for Real Madrid and Spain
Real looked as if they were going to be frustrated until Mathias Olivera fouled Dani Carvajal, with Ramos stepping up to score his 21st consecutive penalty.
Getafe – who are in contention for a Champions League place – started well and Thibaut Courtois had to make three saves in the opening 12 minutes.
The derby was a physical battle at times with 10 players booked in total.
Real did not have many big chances against their less illustrious neighbours, with Luka Modric having a shot deflected wide and Karim Benzema dragging an effort away from goal.
Real Madrid only need to win four of their final five games to finish above Barca for their second La Liga title since 2012.
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.