- Rampant Liverpool go top with six of the best19:44 | 07/11/2016
Liverpool surged to the top of the Premier League for the first time in the Juergen Klopp era at an exultant Anfield as another of their kaleidoscopic attacking displays overwhelmed Watford 6-1 on Sunday.
Klopp’s men took their unbeaten streak to 12 matches in all competitions as Sadio Mane scored twice and they blew away Watford’s challenge with three first-half goals in the space of 16 minutes.
First, Philippe Coutinho crossed for Mane to glance home a 20th-minute header before the Brazilian playmaker himself hammered home his fifth of the season three minutes later and Emre Can nodded in Adam Lallana’s cross just before the break.
Watford’s pain continued in the second half, Lallana setting up a tap-in for Roberto Firmino, Mane notching his sixth of the season and substitute Georginio Wijnaldum netting his first for the club soon after Daryl Janmaat had earned a miserly consolation for the visitors.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.