- Robert Lewandowski signs new four-year Bayern Munich contract18:40 | 30/08/2019
Robert Lewandowski has committed his future to Bayern Munich by signing a new four-year deal with the club.
Robert Lewandowski scored 40 goals in 47 games for Bayern last season
The Poland captain has scored 197 goals for the Bundesliga giants since joining from rivals Borussia Dortmund on a free transfer in 2014, finishing as Bundesliga top scorer three times.
He is in the running to improve Karl-Heinz Rummenigge’s tally of 217 goals for Bayern, with the former player – now the club’s current executive board chairman – labelling him as “the world’s best centre-forward”.
His current deal was set to expire in June 2021 but he has decided to extend his stay at the Allianz Arena by signing a deal taking him through to 2023.
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge labelled Lewandowski “the world’s best centre-forward”
“Bayern has become my sporting home,” Lewandowski said. “Besides, my family and I are happily settled in Munich.
“I’m convinced we’ll achieve a lot in the next few years. FC Bayern are one of the three biggest clubs in the world, and we have an outstanding team.”
The 31-year-old has started off his sixth season in Bavaria by scoring five goals in two league games.
Lewandowski has won five Bundesliga titles, two DFP-Pokal cups and three Supercup trophies.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.