- Ronaldinho, brother cited in Paraguay over altered passports10:46 | 05/03/2020
Brazilian football great Ronaldinho was cited by Paraguayan officials over alleged possession of altered passports, according to a police report obtained by ESPN Brasil.
Ronaldinho and his brother was cited by Paraguayan authorities for allegedly having altered passports. NORBERTO DUARTE/AFP via Getty Images
The 2002 World Cup winner arrived into the country on Wednesday for a charity event, where officials then came to his hotel suite near the capital of Asuncion and allegedly found the documents.
Ronaldinho and his brother were allowed to stay at the hotel but remain under custody by authorities and must report to the attorney general’s office on Thursday morning. Another man who accompained the brothers was arrested.
“[Ronaldinho and his brother] are not being detained, they are still under judicial investigation and they have to testify. Then it will be decided whether they will be arrested or not,” Paraguay’s interior minister Euclides Acevedo told ESPN Brasil.
Acevedo added that Ronaldinho and his brother are cooperating in the investigation and that they “were tricked” by the man arrested.
Ronaldinho’s storied club career included stints at Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Milan.
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.