- Ronaldo joins Sanchez in exclusive hat-trick club after first Serie A treble10:27 | 07/01/2020
The 34-year-old shows no sign of slowing down as he adds to his ever-growing list of goalscoring achievements.
Photo by Getty Images
His second-half treble in Turin means he becomes just the second player to score a Serie A hat-trick, a La Liga hat-trick and a Premier League hat-trick this century, after Alexis Sanchez.
After a goalless first half, Ronaldo opened the scoring four minutes after the restart before doubling Juve’s lead from the penalty spot midway through the second period.
The 34-year-old then turned provider by setting up Gonzalo Higuain to make it 3-0 with eight minutes remaining. The former Manchester United and Real Madrid man then completed his hat-trick a minute later to wrap-up a thumping win.
It was the Portugal forward’s 36th league hat-trick of his career – no player has scored more in Europe’s big five leagues since 2008. That includes his great rival Lionel Messi, who is second on the list with 34, while Luiz Suarez is a distant third with 16.
In total, Ronaldo has now scored 56 hat-tricks for club and country, with his ninth treble for Portugal against Lithuania in November equalling the international record for most hat-tricks held by Sweden’s Sven Rydell.
Ronaldo’s opening goal also meant he became the first player to score at least one goal in one of Europe’s top five leagues in each of the last 18 years, stretching all the way back to his first goal for Manchester United against Portsmouth in November 2003.
Source – Goal.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.