- Ronaldo moves closer to 700 career goals16:31 | 12/10/2019
Cristiano Ronaldo moved one strike away from his 700th career goal as Portugal edged closer to Euro 2020 with a 3-0 win against Luxembourg.
Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored 94 goals for Portugal
Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva opened the scoring before Ronaldo chipped over Anthony Moris.
Valencia’s Goncalo Guedes completed the scoring just before full-time.
Portugal remain second in Group B, five points behind Ukraine, but four points clear of Serbia in third.
Ronaldo will have the chance to become just the sixth person to score 700 goals when Portugal travel to Ukraine on Monday.
Fernando Santos’ side can qualify with a win in Kiev, if Serbia fail to win in Lithuania.
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.