- Russia & Kosovo will not meet because of 'security risks' - Uefa10:46 | 19/10/2019
Uefa will not allow Russia and Kosovo to meet in European competitions because of “security risks”.
Russia will play Kosovo in Women’s Euro 2021 qualifiers but the matches will take place at neutral venues
Russia has not recognised Kosovo as an independent country since it declared independence from Serbia in 2008.
Russia successfully requested to postpone the Women’s Euro 2021 qualifier against Kosovo that was scheduled for 4 October in Pristina.
That match – and the return fixture on 9 June 2020 – will take place “on neutral grounds”.
Uefa, European football’s governing body, said the teams “shall no longer be drawn against each other in any future Uefa competitions until further notice”.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.