- Serbia's Euro 2020 qualifier at home to Luxembourg to be played behind closed doors14:08 | 22/10/2019
Serbia have been ordered to play their Euro 2020 home qualifier against Luxembourg behind closed doors because of the “racist behaviour” of their supporters.
Serbia will host Luxembourg at the Rajko Mitic Stadium
Uefa imposed the punishment following Serbia’s 4-2 defeat to Portugal in Belgrade on 7 September.
Serbia, who will host Luxembourg on 14 November, were ordered to play two matches behind closed doors.
However, the second game is suspended for one year.
In addition, Serbia’s Football Association has been fined £28,550 for other charges relating to the Portugal game including fans on the pitch and the setting off of fireworks inside the ground.
Serbia are third in Group B with 10 points from six games, one point behind second-placed Portugal.
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.