- Shin Tae-yong to be tasked with Indonesia senior and junior teams15:01 | 24/12/2019
Tae-yong is expected to be in Indonesia a day after Christmas to sign a contract to be the new head coach of the country’s national team.
Photo by Getty Images
The South Korean admitted that he wasn’t only asked by the Indonesia Football Association (PSSI) to revolutionise the senior team, but also to improve the Under-23 and Under-20 teams.
Tae-yong rejected the advances of China club Shenzhen FC and not even the offers from several top J-League clubs could change his mind on the matter.
“I will go to Indonesia on December 26 to sign the contract. Nothing will change and that is finalised.
“I’ve been asked to improve all aspects of the national teams including the junior teams what with the World Cup U-20 being held in Indonesia,” said Ta-yong in a Dong-A article.
Indonesia is the host of the FIFA tournament in 2021 where the current Under-19 players are expected to be the group that will feature in the tournament.
The coach has plenty of experience in age-group level having taken South Korea to the last 16 of the U20 World Cup in 2017 as well as qualifying the U23 side to the 2016 Olympics.
Source – Goal.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.