- Thomas Muller: Bayern Munich forward suspended for Liverpool tie13:33 | 12/01/2019
Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller is set to miss both legs of their Champions League last-16 tie against Liverpool after he was given a two-match European ban.
Bayern have appealed against the decision to send Muller off for this challenge/Getty Images
Muller, 29, was sent off in December’s 3-3 group-stage draw with Ajax for kicking Nicolas Tagliafico in the head.
The German – who has scored 42 goals in 107 Champions League appearances – has appealed against the decision.
The sides meet at Anfield on 19 February and in Munich on 13 March.
The sending-off was the first of Muller’s career and after the incident he posted on social media: “I would like to apologise to Nico Tagliafico for the incident. It was unintentional. Get well soon.”
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.