- Tito Vilanova: "Guardiola didn't come when I needed him"09:35 | 17/07/2013
Tito Vilanova appeared in a press conference for the first time this season and remarked on Pep Guardiola’s comments. “We didn’t see each other after my treatment and my operation. It wasn’t my fault. He’s my friend and I needed him”, he said.
After assuring that Guardiola’s comments surprised him and that they did not seem right, he said that in New York “the person who was alone was me, the person going through a rough time was me, the person who needed help was me”.
“I saw Pep when I was on a two-day trip to New York. Then I was there for two months, when I underwent my operation and they gave me the treatment. We didn’t see each other, but it wasn’t my fault. He must have thought it was better for us not to see each other. He’s my friend and I needed him,” he said. “I would have acted differently to the way Pep did,” he stressed.
“You know that I’ve always tried to avoid personal matters and only talk about football, but I heard what Pep said and I don’t think it was right. He surprised me. I don’t think anyone on the board of directors has used me to attack him. They’ve helped me in every way possible,” he said.
Regarding the effort to sign a centre back, Tito denied that Thiago Silva is the only option. “The intention is to bring in a central defender. Thiago Silva is a player we want, but there are others,” he assured.
According to Marca
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.