- Valdes cleared to make Barcelona return10:33 | 03/01/2014
The Spain international has been sidelined with a calf muscle tear since November but is now free to return to the Blaugrana starting line-up against Elche on Sunday.
Barcelona have announced that goalkeeper Victor Valdes has been given the green light by the club’s medical team to return to action.
The 31-year-old shot-stopper has been out of action since suffering a calf muscle tear while on international duty with Spain in South Africa in November.
However, Barcelona have now revealed that Valdes, who is to quit the Catalan club at the end of the season, is 100 per cent fit again.
“After training on Thursday afternoon, goalkeeper Victor Valdes received a full medical discharge,” read a statement on the club’s official website.
“Therefore, he has already been made available to coach Tata Martino and could return to the team this Sunday in the Liga match at Camp Nou against Elche.”
Valdes, who has been out of action for a total of 44 days, will now be hoping to usurp Jose Manuel Pinto, who has been deputising for him.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.