- Van Persie: I want to stay at Man United10:40 | 14/03/2014
Robin van Persie has insisted he wants to stay with Manchester United.
Recent speculation has linked the Dutch international with a move away from Old Trafford, suggesting he is unhappy.
However, Van Persie has refuted the rumours and claimed he would be happy to sign a new deal with the Barclays Premier League champions. His current contract runs until summer 2016.
He told United Review, the club’s official programme: ” I don’t mind if my performances get dissected and people criticise what I’ve done on the pitch. They can talk about my game 24/7 for all I care…and a lot of those opinions and criticisms may actually be right. So I don’t mind that.
“What I need to address are the situations when people are taking it upon themselves to think for me, make assumptions, or interpret things as if they are me.
“Last time I checked my head was still attached to my body, so I’m the only one who knows exactly what I’m feeling and that is not what I or the fans have been reading.
“The truth is I’m very happy here at this club. I signed for four years and I’d be delighted to stay even longer, beyond the next two years I have left on my contract.
“This is how I feel, although it’s not what has been suggested in the media.”
According to PA sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.