- Vidic taken to hospital - Moyes10:36 | 11/11/2013
David Moyes has confirmed Nemanja Vidic has gone to hospital after the defender collided with David de Gea during Manchester United’s 1-0 victory over Arsenal on Sunday.
Vidic felt the full force of De Gea’s knee in the closing stages of the first half at Old Trafford, while the Serb was led off the pitch and straight down the tunnel as United continued to play on with ten men.
However, Vidic did not return after the interval asTom Cleverley was introduced by Moyes, with Phil Jones moving back to the centre of defence.
United held on to beat the Premier League leaders by a single goal, courtesy of former Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.
“Nemanja Vidic has gone to hospital,” Moyes said after the game. “I didn’t see how bad it was from the touchline but I know it was a terrible clash. I’ll find out more from the medics later on.”
Last week, Hugo Lloris was knocked unconscious after an accidental collision with Romelu Lukaku during Tottenham’s game with Everton. Lloris was allowed to continue after being assessed by medical staff, which drew widespread criticism in the aftermath.
According to Espn
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.