- Chelsea are on to a Schurrle thing09:28 | 26/06/2013
ANDRE SCHURRLE became the first signing of Jose Mourinho’s second coming — then revealed he watched every Chelsea game last season.
The £17million forward, 22, joined from Bayer Leverkusen. He said: “I saw lots of Chelsea. I wanted to come here so I think I watched every single game.
“I’m really looking forward to working with Mourinho. I got to know him at Michael Ballack’s testimonial a few weeks ago where we talked a little bit.
“He gave me advice on where to live and also explained what he expects from me.
“He’s a very good person with a big personality.
“He’s a great manager so it’s an absolute honour for me to now be one of his players.”
Schurrle, who can play as a creative wide player or central striker, has signed a five-year deal.
He said: “We have a great team with some very talented young players. Under Mourinho I’m confident we can have a really great season.
“For this club, winning titles is always the main objective and I hope to play a big part.”
The Germany international is also looking forward to linking up with Petr Cech, John Terry, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole.
He said: “I can learn many things from the older players.
“I’ve watched them play since I was a young boy, so it’s an honour for me now to be colleagues of theirs at Chelsea.”
According to The Sun
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.