- Football Federation signs a two-year contract with Phuc13:58 | 16/05/2013
The Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) is signing a contract with Hoang Van Phuc today, May 16. Phuc will be the coach of the men’s national team and the U23 squad.
The signing ceremony is scheduled at 10am in Hanoi. Previously, it was cancelled twice on May 7 and 10.
The term of this contract is two years, in which the two central tasks of Phuc is leading Vietnam to the finale of the 27th Southeast Asian Games and the semi-finals of the AFF Cup 2014.
A VFF official said the recruitment of Phuc had received the consent of the State management agency – the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MoCST). According to the official, part of the salary for Phuc will be paid by the State budget so the VFF cannot make decision alone.
Furthermore, all national teams are managed by the MoCST so the recruitment of the chief coach belongs to the decision of the VFF’s superior unit, meaning the MoCST.
Phuc will be paid about VND60 million ($3,000) a month, not including bonuses and in the case of early contract termination, Phuc will train young players for the VFF.
According to VFF Chairman Nguyen Trong Hy, the VFF will pay most of the expenses for the coach. Sponsor Honda will also assist in paying the wages of the coach.
According to VNN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.