- Fortune urges United to use Rooney17:27 | 30/09/2016
Former Manchester United midfielder Quinton Fortune has urged Jose Mourinho to find a way to utilise captain Wayne Rooney effectively.
Rooney was dropped last Saturday for the clash against champions Leicester City after a few sub-standard performances early in the campaign – as United ran riot scoring four goals in the first half.
Despite the 4-1 win over the Foxes, Fortune feels Rooney is far from finished and that he still has a huge role to play at Old Trafford.
“No way in a million years am I going to say he’s finished,” the South African said at Soccerex.
“You need to have Wayne around the place. You find me a player with his influence, his history in the game, his experience.
“You speak to the players at Manchester United and how important he is on the pitch and off the pitch,” he added. “If I were at United, I would squeeze as much as possible out of Wayne.”
The 30-year-old has scored one goal in six league games this season.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.