- Simeone: I feel lucky17:31 | 30/09/2016
Diego Simeone says Atletico Madrid’s performance in their 1-0 victory over Bayern Munich on Wednesday night was one of the best he has seen from his side.
Atletico edged their German rivals with a 35th minute Yannick Carrasco strike that he powered past Manuel Neuer after latching onto an Antoine Griezmann ball and racing through into the box.
After the match, a beaming Simeone told the club’s official website: “I feel lucky to be the manager of these players. They play with a passion and a commitment that is very difficult to achieve.”
He added: “I liked everything from today. The team pressured very well at the top. It also interpreted well going on the counterattack and when they had to suffer, they suffered. We played against one of the best rivals in the world. It has been one of the best performances we have made.”
A clearly moved Simeone then expressed what this ‘moment’ meant for him as a coach.
He concluded: “In life, there are moments that are difficult to repeat, and the one we are living is one of them regarding management, football, stands and the opportunity to have a fantastic stadium to come. They are moments that are not going to come back.”
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.