- Thailand defeat Vietnam 8-0 in Uzbekistan to earn bronze medal08:29 | 23/02/2016
Thailand crushed Vietnam 8-0 in the bronze-medal play-off match at the Asian Football Confederation Futsal Championship in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Jetsada Chudech opened the scoring in the fifth minute for Thailand, who has taken part in the World Cup for five consecutive years.
Five minutes later, Apiwat Chaemcharoen doubled the score for the Thai team.
Then in the 12th minute Jetsada Chudech raised the score to 3-0 for Thailand.
Before the first half closed, striker Suphawut Thueanklang continued the drubbing, scoring two more goals in the 17th and 18th minute.
And two additional goals from Suphawut and another from Jirawat Sornwichian in the second half completed the overwhelming victory.
Earlier, Vietnam beat Japan in the event’s quarter-finals to earn a ticket for the first time to the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup.
The Vietnam team jumped two spots to 44th in the latest futsal world rankings on the back of their win over Japan.
Japan dropped from the 9th to 12th spot following both their losses to Vietnam and Kyrgyzstan.
Spain topped the futsal world rankings, while second and third places were occupied by Brazil and Russia, respectively.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.