- Ajax Amsterdam and U-19 Japan to compete in Viet Nam14:51 | 13/11/2013
Followed U-19 Barcelona, U-19 Japan and U-19 Ajax Amsterdam have confirmed their participant on U-19 international football tournament- Nutifood Cup in January 2014.
Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) vice chairman Le Hung Dung said that Mr Kozo has sent confirmation to VFF. U19 Japan are the current favourites for the 2014 AFC U19 championship title. Therefore, this is a chance for U-19 Viet Nam to learn from opponents.
Mr Dung also added Ajax Amsterdam has agreed too. However they haven’t sent official document. Organizers are also working with Arsenal.
Now, the VFF is preparing contracts for signatures, as part of legal procedures to U-19 Barcelona and U-19 Japan.
Nutifood will be the main sponsor of the tournament. Tran Thanh Hai, chairman of Nutifood’s board of directors, told that his company decided to award the winner of the four-team event a cash prize of US$100,000.
The second and third winners will earn $70,000 and $50,000 respectively, he added
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.