- Brazil 2 Uruguay 1 Hosts reach third straight Confederations Cup final13:48 | 27/06/2013
PAULINHO headed in Brazil’s late winner as they made it to the final of the Confederations Cup.
The Tottenham target nodded in Neymar’s far-post corner to send Luiz Felipe Scolari and coaching team dancing down the touchline at full-time.
Brazil dominated, with 64 per cent of the possession as Uruguay looked to catch the hosts on the break.
And when the hosts lost the ball in attack, they had to get spicy to get it back — which led to some fracas.
The visitors could have taken the lead after Diego Forlan’s 26th-minute penalty was saved by Julio Cesar.
It was a clear foul from David Luiz, pulling the shirt of Uruguay captain Diego Lugano, and it did not fool the referee.
Brazil responded to the miss, as Fred scored just before half-time after a neat set-up by Barcelona new-boy Neymar, who squared the ball across goal.
Edinson Cavani then equalised for Uruguay just after the break, as the hosts miserably tried to clear their lines.
The ball fell to Manchester City target Cavani, who drilled the ball low into the far corner.
Cavani also put in a wonderful challenge on Marcelo in his own box and could easily have given away a penalty.
But Paulinho had the last laugh, sending Brazil into their third straight Confederations Cup final on Sunday — where they will face either Spain or Italy.
According to The Sun
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.