- Brazil 3 France 0: Scolari's side turn on the samba style to earn first win over visitors since 199209:48 | 10/06/2013
Brazil picked up a confidence-boosting victory ahead of the Confederations Cup as they beat France 3-0 at the Gremio Arena in Porto Alegre.
Chelsea midfielder Oscar opened the scoring in the 54th minute with a neat finish past Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris, who was captaining the visitors.
Hernanes then doubled Brazil’s lead in the 85th minute after a superb counter-attack in which Neymar provided the assist.
The misery for France was complete when Lucas scored from the penalty spot in stoppage time after Marcelo was brought down by Mathieu Debuchy.
The third defeat in a row for Didier Deschamps’ men also marks the first time Brazil have beaten France since 1992.
Luiz Felipe Scolari’s team open their Confederations campaign on Saturday against Japan in Brasilia.
According to Dailymail
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.