- Injured Khoa to hang up his football cleats15:31 | 08/03/2017
Midfielder Trần Anh Khoa of SHB Đà Nẵng has decided to retire from competition at the age of 25.
Khoa suffered a serious injury to his knee ligaments and leg bone after being tackled by Quế Ngọc Hải in a match between Đà Nẵng and Sông Lam Nghệ An in September, 2015.
Hải was later suspended for six months from all football related activities, while Khoa had to travel to Singapore for surgery.
However, after a long treatment period, Khoa still can’t exercise strongly with the ball, so he decided to say goodbye to his footballer career.
After hearing the news, chairman of SHB Đà Nẵng Bùi Xuân Hòa said he will create favourable conditions for Khoa to study more to become a coach to train young footballers.
“Leaving my profession is not my wish, but I have to accept it. I will try my best to return to the ground with a new position: the coach,” said Khoa.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.