- Quyet refuses contract with Japanese Matsumoto15:03 | 08/05/2014
National midfielder Nguyen Van Quyet has refused to sign a contract with J.League 2 club Matsumoto.
The captain of V-League defending champions Ha Noi T&T was offered up to US$10,000 a month, including bonuses based on results.
Quyet said at first it was “a dream comes true” for him and his request of leaving was approved.
However, the 23-year-old changed his mind when boss Do Quang Hien praised his role and said he could not be replaced. He added that the team had to compete in three competitions locally and internationally this season.
Quyet said it was not easy to leave a team that had helped make his name in the football community.
Matsumoto first contacted Quyet last year, but only recently made an official offer.
Quyet at present is among the nation’s best midfielders. He is also top three best scorer in the ongoing Asian Football Confederation Cup
According to VNS
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.