- Trường appointed Image Ambassador to South Korea17:09 | 13/02/2017
The Governor of Gangwon Province of South Korea, Choi Moon-soon, has confirmed the appointment of midfielder Lương Xuân Trường as the Việt Nam Image Ambassador for Culture.
In a prepared statement, the Governor said that South Korea is moving beyond traditional economic activities to create more cross-cultural communications and people-to-people interactions.
Thus, the Province has selected Trường as a personality to promote cultural relationships between Việt Nam and South Korea
A special plaque will be presented in honour of the appointment on February 22 at the Việt Nam Embassy in South Korea.
At present, Trường and his club, Gangwon FC, are training in Japan. They will return to South Korea on February 22. — VNS
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.