- U-23 Viet Nam farewell to SEA Games 2712:24 | 18/12/2013
Having been defeated by U-23 Malaysia, Coach Hoang Van Phuc and his men had to say goodbye to on going SEA Games 27 from qualifying round. This is the most disappointing game of Viet Nam around 3 recent SEA Games.
U-23 Viet Nam has tried hard, however goal com too late. U-23 Viet Nam has controlled the game in 45 minutes of first half. Van Quyet, Van Thang, Manh Dung, Ha Minh Tuan and defenders Dinh Hoang, Manh Hung, Quang Hung, goal keeper Buu Ngoc played their best for the national pride.
However, it’s a thousand pities that Vietnamese players failed to realize chances into goals. Though we played well and created many attacks toward opponents, a number of shoots were missed by Van Thang or Ha Minh Tuan… It’s reasonable when we received losing.
U-23 Vietnam should take experience from Malaysia’s playing style counter attack. Our opponents can’t be asserted by 1-1 draw with U-23 Singapore. They accepted to leave the middle for U-23 Viet nam then locking all arrows to the goal.
Moreover, In the last 10 minutes of game, Malaysian players have knocked out Viet nam with 2 consecutive goals in 81st minute, and 90th minute. Hong Quan’s goal in 90+4th minute was just a pride goal for Viet Nam to back home.
In 3 recent SEA Games, U-23 Viet Nam have played in the semi finals. However this year 1-2 losing against Malaysia caused the red to farewell SEA Games soon.
Le Dinh (from Nay Pyi Taw)
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.