- U20 VN tie with Vanuatu in friendly match08:56 | 14/05/2017
U20 Việt Nam tied 1-1 with U20 Vanuatu in their friendly match on Sunday in South Korea. It was Việt Nam’s last friendly match before the upcoming FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea .
Earlier, Việt Nam lost to U20 Argentina 1-4 in HCM City.
Việt Nam played with an active attack-defence playing style. However, Vanuata quicky opened the score in the fourth minute.
Việt Nam levelled the score of 1-1 in the 41st minute.
Việt Nam played better in the second half, with sharp attacks. However, they failed to convert their efforts into goals.
“We tested all positions in this game to prepare for the first match of the qualifying round of the Cup. Competing against a strange rival, our players didn’t play very confidently,” coach Hoàng Anh Tuấn said.
“After the break, Việt Nam showed their skills. Vanuatu have the same way of playing as U20 New Zealand. Therefore, after this match, we are better prepared for the opening match of the Cup,” Tuấn added.
Việt Nam are in Group E with France, Honduras and New Zealand. They will meet New Zealand on May 22, then face France on May 25, and Honduras on May 28
Images from the practise day:
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.