- Viet Nam down to 4th place in Southeast Asia region in FIFA's October 2013 ranking table20:55 | 17/10/2013
Though Viet Nam national football team has advanced 2 notches in the latest FIFA rankings, they get 4th place in Southeast Asia region.
The Philippines for the first time won over Thailand to occupy the first place in the region and 137th in ranking while Thailand get down to 143rd place.
Myanmar jump to 149th ( over 13 notches). Therefore, though Viet Nam get 2 notches higher, its 151st in ranking causes it to get 4th place behind Myanmar in region. The lower positions belong to Singapore ( 155th- over 4 notches), Malaysia ( 160- over 1 notch), Indonesia (162 over 8 notches)…
FIFA’s October 2013 ranking table has an important role to rank seeds in play-off round of European qualification for World Cup 2014 and seeds in withdraw for 2014 World Cup qualifiers.
Among 8 tickets in play-off round of European, the top 4 include:Group A: Portugal, Greece and group B of France, Sweden, Romania, Iceland. Group A and B will withdraw to play off. Thus Portugal and France probably compete to a ticket to Brazil 2014 summer.
Top 1 FIFA’s October 2013 ranking table: Spain, Germany, Argentina, Comlombia, Belgium, Uruguay, Switzerland, Netherlands, Italy, England. Therefore, 8 seeds for qualifiers world cup 2014 are: Brazil, Spain,Germany, Argentina, Comlombia, Belgium, and Switzerland. If Uruguay wins Jordan, they will be the 8th seed, if not Netherlands will replace their place.
For that Comlombia, Belgium, and Switzerland are ranked as seeds means many big teams have normal ranking, and this promises to have strong competition in groups.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.