- Viet Nam jumps 14 place on FIFA South East Asia Ranking14:45 | 22/12/2013
According to FIFA’s newest ranking on December, Vietnam has jumped fourteen place to ranking’s 144 position.
In November, Vietnam was down 7 place and finished at 158 position and 6 position in South East Asia area. In December, Viet Nam has climbed up 14 place when Thailand is down 4 place that make Viet Nam finish at 3rd position in area.
The one leading South East Asia area is still Philippines who has climed up 6 place to finish at 127. This is also the highest position of Philippines football ever. The follower Myanmar who has also jumped 10 place at 130 position.
Meanwhile, the strong teams of area as Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia respectively rank at 4,5, 7 and 8. The strangest point is that Laos also climb 10 place to 152 which is higher than both Malaysia and Indonesia. Because of not accurately describe teams, this ranking is just reference.
There is no change in top ten. Spain is leading then followed by Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Portuguese, Uruguay, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands and Brazil.
Vietnam national women’s football team still remained 28th position as well as the first in area. Two runners up are Thailand ( 32nd position) and Myanmar ( 42nd position). In Asia, Viet Nam places 6th following japan, Australia ( 9th), North Korea (10th), South Korea ( 17th) and China ( 18th). Viet Nam national women’s football team are decisive to play at World Cup 2015.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.