- Brazil's Floripa takes Tiger Street Football title11:56 | 28/10/2012
Floripa of Brazil won the Tiger Street Football Championship held in Ho Chi Minh City.
Floripa of Brazil beat Equal FC of Malaysia 7-3 in the final to win the 2012 Tiger Street Football championship in Ho Chi Minh City Saturday.
Displaying superior skills and having greater ball possession, the Brazilian players were deserving winners of the title and the cash prize of US$30,000 presented by former Dutch player Edgar Davids, ambassador of the tournament.
Vietnam had four teams in the fray, but only Dat Vinh Tien advanced to the semifinals where they played exceptionally to lead Equal FC 1-0, 2-1, 3-1 and 4-1 before the Malaysians made it 4-4 in the final minutes of the official time and 5-4 in additional time.
In the fight for third place, the Vietnamese representatives were no match for Futsar Argentina and suffered a 3-6 loss.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.