- Friendly match between Ho Chi Minh former players and Malaysia former players16:26 | 27/07/2013
In order to strengthen relationship between players and members of football federation of Malaysia and Viet Nam, two teams Ho Chi Minh former players and Malaysia former players played a friendly match at Thai Son Nam stadium -district 8. The game was hold by mr Alexander Soosay- AFC genneral secretary and his friends.
Though it was only a friendly match, Ho Chi Minh team gathered former outstanding name as Hong Pham, Huynh Hong Son, Lu Dinh Tuan or Dang Tran Phuc, who had won 4-2 over former players team from Malaysia. However, the important thing was not winning or losing but they are recalled their golden past on pitch. Despite difference of languages, handshaking and laughing in games made it meaningful .
Malaysia former players are known to visit Ho Chi Minh City within 4 days, from July 24th to July 28th 2013. In the evening of July 27th, Malaysian players will have another friendly match with former players of southern army team.
Some images from the match:
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.