- HCMC former players team win HCMC Vetarans football tournament 2019 (over 48)20:30 | 15/06/2019
The tournament ended in this afternoon (June 12) with the title for HCMC former players team after the win 2-1 over Hưng Dũng team.
The match between Hưng Dũng and HCMC former players teams happened drastically
The final game happened drastically. Hưng Dũng just needed a draw to be the champions, while HCMC former players team had to win to be the ones.
It were Hưng Dũng that opened up the score in the second half thanks to the goal of Trần Văn Thứ.
Then HCMC former players team had an opportunity to level the score but captain striker Huỳnh Hồng Sơn shot out of the goal from a penalty.
The title belongs to HCMC former players team
HCMC former players team just did it when they had the second penalty. The one scoring from the penalty successfully this time was former V-League top scorer Hồ Văn Lợi.
It was also Hồ Văn Lợi who had a very beautiful 25-meter free kick in the last minutes, bringing a 2-1 win to HCMC former players and bringing them the title either.
The champions: HCMC former players team
The runner up: Hưng Dũng team
The third placed team: An Lạc Bình Tân
Style award – Mây Tre Lá Tu Quyên
Top scorer – Huỳnh Hồng Sơn (HCMC former players team – 8 goals)
Best player – Hồ Văn Lợi (HCMC former players team)
Best goalkeeper – Lâm Bảo Thọ (Hưng Dũng FC)
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.